Our News and Events
Bellcare is OUTSTANDING!
Following a recent inspection by the Care Quality Commission we are very proud to announce that Bellcare’s overall rating is Outstanding. This is the highest possible rating for a Home Care Service and ‘just to put the icing on the cake’ we at Bellcare are the only Home Care Service in Cumbria to be awarded the Outstanding rating.
All of us at Bellcare have always known that we are the best, but to have it confirmed by the Care Quality Commission is absolutely fantastic. This does not mean that we will stop reviewing our service, that we will stop looking for better ways to deliver care, or ways of looking after our employees, we will continue to move forward, leading the way towards excellence.
Carol and Ian Wilson the Directors and Georgina Stott the Registered Manager would like to thank each and every one of our staff, from our new care workers, to all the support staff in the offices, from all our experienced and dedicated care workers, to our wonderful managers who lead our teams using their caring expertise and effective leadership skills.
It is all of you working together that are making such an important and vital difference to the lives and families of our service users, Outstanding!
Bellcare is very proud to announce the success of our recent tender proposal to work with Cumbria County Council, especially because the our proposal was based around our current excellent care delivery practices. The new contract with Cumbria county Council means that Bellcare will be the only care provider that is recommended by Cumbria County Council Adult Social Care in many areas of Cumbria.
As a business this means that our future is guaranteed, for our employees this means that we can continue to offer improved terms, conditions and salary, and for the people that we care for can be assured that they are receiving the best possible support, provided by care workers that are dedicated and well trained.
The new contract starts at the end of February 2016, so we are busy betting ready for new business and new staff, if you would like more information about our care services or would like to join our teams of care workers, you can get in touch with us by using the 'contact us' section of this website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or ring 01900 872030 to speak to our friendly and knowledgeable office staff.
Excellent Results from a Care Quality Commission Inspection
On Thursday 23rd May 2012, Bellcare had an inspection by the Care Quality Commission, the regulating body for Home Care providers. The inspection was unannounced, which means that we had no idea that it was going to take place until the inspector arrived at our office in Workington.
The inspection that was carried out was a ‘themed inspection’, which is a new initiative which is testing new ways to get better information about how services are performing and what people think about the services they are getting, it focused on;
- Service Users are treated with dignity and respect.
- Service Users are supported by people who are skilled to undertake their care.
- Service Users have a choice about the care and support they receive.
- Service Users benefit from effective systems of safeguarding.
- The care and welfare of people who use services
- The assessment and monitoring the quality of service provision
We are so proud of the feedback we have received from this inspection, we met all the essential standards of quality and safety that were inspected, here are some quotes from the final report:
- "We were given numerous examples of how the care promoted independence, privacy and dignity."
- "People told us they were regularly asked if they were happy with the care and the service. They felt the organisation was open to suggestions and actively sought views to help improve the service and to involve people in how the service was delivered and run."
- "Staff told us that the agency was very keen to ensure that people’s dignity was upheld by encouraging people to retain as much independence as possible by providing the right levels of support and care. This was confirmed by those people we spoke with."
- "The social work team reported that they had been very impressed with the agencies efficiency. Stating that they manage some complex packages of care, with good communication channels, and they always follow up and ring back. They stated they received very few complaints about the agency, and judged them to be a consistently high performing provider for reliability and in providing good outcomes for people."
And the praise goes on, we could not have achieved all that we have to this date without the dedication, hard work and skills of all our wonderful staff, each and every one is an asset to the company.
Thank you all for your hard work - to say that we are happy would be an understatement, see what you think!
Current Staff Training
We are supporting people through End of Life Care and Management of Medicines currently and, at the request of our staff, we are also delivering training on Dementia Awareness.
The Dementia Awareness training is the start of a Dementia Focus Programme. The Debbie Anyon - has completed the Diploma in Person Centred Dementia Care. You all will be involved in their journey of discovery and it will give you all an understanding that is quite unique. It will be very exciting and rewarding for you all, more details to follow.
Parkinson Disease Training is also about to be rolled out company-wide; this has also been requested by any staff, so as the need was identified a comprehensive course has been specifically developed.